Monday, February 23, 2009

What Happens in Vegas

What Happens in Vegas. Released May 8th, 2008. Now on DVD. Staring Ashton Kutcher, and Cameron Diaz. Worth the $3.50? Yes. If you're looking for a good movie night with the girls, or a romantic-comedy with your boyfriend, this movie is a winner. While not the most original or surprising movie out there, it does have all the basic elements for a feel-good flick.

Let me give you the run-down. Girl is engaged. Girl gets dumped. Boy works for his dad. Boy gets fired. They both go to Vegas, get drunk, get married, win a jackpot, and are forced to make their marriage "work" for 6 months as the judge will not grant them an annulment. Now it gets interesting!

If anyone has seen How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days, its along that same basis of trying to get under the others skin, however in this case, it's trying to get the other one to cheat as well.

As anyone can guess over the course of the movie the two start to get to know each other and actually fall in love. Surprise surprise! Moral of the story? You can get drunk and married and Vegas and still have a happy ending. :0)

Overall I give it a 7.5. A movie I would watch again on TV, will always laugh at, but isn't something I would tell someone they absolutely have to go see. It's the perfect movie to watch if you can't dedicate 100% of your time to it.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way that you keep it short and simple... These reviews are very simple to read and are to the point... I would say I will be checking out your blog for the sake of me... And if I can find a lucky lady maybe I will check this film out... it sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa,
    I love the quick to the point summary!
    I really enjoyed watching this movie and would agree with you that a 7.5 is appropriate. Its a very entertaining movie but you do have to pay attention to get the whole thing. I look foward to reading more movie reviews!

    ReplyDelete