Wednesday, February 11, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You


I got the opportunity to watch this movie on opening day, February 6th. The theater was packed with mostly groups of girls, and a few, like me, who were accompanies by their boyfriend. It was much like the Sex and the City crowd.


I was mostly psyched about getting to see Jennifer Aniston, Ben Affleck, Drew Barrymore, and Justin Long all in a movie together. And lets just say yes Justin Long is sexy.


On to the show! I was disappointed to see that rottentomatoes.com gave it only a 42%. I, as a Sex & the City and Friends loving female found it funny and charming.


The pros: A lot of dating humor and technological trends. Mentioning MySpace as the new "booty call" got a lot of laughs, as well as the maze of technology Mary (Drew Barrymore) had to go through only to get rejected.


Cons: Besides that the females in the movies are constantly obsessing over their relationships, or lack there of, and no real plot twists happen, nothing too much to complain about. I did become quite pissed off at Ben (Bradley Cooper) when he finally does actually take the plunge and cheats on his wife.


My favorite moment was at the end however, and since I haven't yet decided if I am going to do the whole spoiler thing, I am just going to say there was a lot of "Awww!"s and I was offered a sleeve to wipe my overly-girly teary eyes.


Go see it. It's still worth the $8. Perhaps skip the $4 popcorn though.


5 comments:

  1. I was sketchy about whether or not to go see it but sounds like it was pretty good so I think I'm going to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is good. I'm glad you're going to give it a chance. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard from a couple people the movie was pretty good; im thinking I just might have to see it at some point. Maybe not in the theatre though...$8 is too much (not that its much cheaper to rent one at blockbuster-ridiculous!) I like this idea of talking about movies on your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cant wait to see this movie!!


    chris b

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been hearing good reviews on this movie, but of course I'm a very "chick flick" person so anything goes-- I have yet to see this .

    ReplyDelete